Sunday, April 4, 2010

Post 8

For my business, in my office I would use the Windows Operating System, even though I am a die hard Mac believer. Windows seems to be able to do more for a business and has sturdier software. I would possibly toy with the idea of using an open source operatins system like Linux, created by Linus Torvalds. I could potentially write any program that I needed for my Sucarpool.com, which gives me tons of freedom and capability.
The only problem with an open source operating system is support. If anything went wrong, I would not necessarily have the techincal support I would with a huge corporation like Apple or Microsoft. I could go to the creator, but I doubt he/she would have 24 hour tech support. It could put me in a real pinch if anything goes horribly wrong one night at 2AM (prime time for college students!).
Kryptos sounds like a really cool endeavor for cryptographers. Since it is in a restricted area in the CIA headquarters in DC, I unfortunately cannot go see it. But I'm still interested in taking a trip down there...maybe I'll use SUcarpool.com to find someone who wants to give me a ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment