Sunday, March 7, 2010

Post 5

Since college students are so prone to identity theft, I want to avoid taking unnecessary information from my users as much as possible. I do not need their credit card numbers or their social security numbers. The only number I absolutely require from them is their SU ID number to make sure they are an SU student, and their email address. It is a student's option to put their phone number on the site as well.
If SUcarpool.com ever became so big that I would need my own office to maintain it, I would choose Apple computers with a MacOS X operating system because I'm a huge Mac fan. It's pre-emptive multitasking abilities guarantee that each process gets some operating time, also known as a time slice. This ensures that the computer is efficient.
Thank goodness for the internet, yes? Without it, my business could not exist. http://www.SUcarpool.com contains an important component called a hypertext transfer protocol, which is a four step process between the client and a web server. It basically means that the internet user connects, requests information from a server, they recieve that information, and then the connection is closed. This esnures that the web server is not overloaded by many open connections. If I ever needed to send my clients an email, I would use the SMTP email protocol, or Simple Mail Transfer Protocol.

No comments:

Post a Comment