Sunday, February 21, 2010

Post 4

In order to design my website, I would like pictures from college students in their cars. User content would make it seem more realistic, so I would ask college kids to take the pictures and send them to me for me to post on the website. In order to do this, I need to make sure the pictures they send me have enough DPI to show up clearly on the screen. 5X7 photos would be the best size for the website.
On the website, I would install a "Trip Cost" application to add up the cost of the entire trip and then divide it between the carpoolers. It would take into account the cost of gas and tolls along the way. The riders would then be assured of the cost of their share.
In order to do this, I would use a RFID in their EZPass to record how much they spend on tolls. The information could then be used to determine how much each rider owes the driver. Students can then be assured their driver is not ripping them off, but the cost of the trip is validated by the RFID.

No comments:

Post a Comment